Follow us and how to donate

Saturday 28 April 2012

Lots of activity all of a sudden!

First of all, the fundraising and awareness raising has now started. Yesterday evening saw several hours pass by as I put a flyer together and then emailed just about everyone in my address book. Hopefully, I haven't lost too many friends.

Second, the weather has stayed pretty poor but not bad enough to stop a 40 mile wet and windy ride out to Knaresborough. After being confined to barracks for a week being wet and blown about was not a concern. Strangely, there were loads of other cyclists out too with much cheery hailing to each other, that despite everyone being pretty wet. Even stranger was seeing a party of young ladies going into the Marigold Cafe down by the river as one of said young ladies had a duck shaped flotation aid wrapped around her head. We didn't ask, but we would loved to have known!

Thirdly, having a bike type day, I went to Edinburgh cycles to book the Dawes in for a service. Whilst there the attentive staff relieved me of over £50 but in return gave me a rack top bag that will be handy for the Camino, I did get a few other things too but the Yorkshireman in me was humming and harring about getting the bag. It's on the bike now so that's sorted. Perhaps more important was the chat about the possibility of putting a smaller front inner ring on the transmission to help with the climbs. Although also had quite a long chat with another customer who was telling me about riding up Alp D'huez and Col De Telegraph. His view was take it steady and you get up ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment