Follow us and how to donate

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Tractor Gear Tested!

Whoa - a 22tooth chainring really does add something. I went out looking for a hill to give it a run at. I wasn't sure which one but I ended up running out through Wetherby, Spofforth and Kearby so the obvious route home was through Harewood Bridge and then up Weardley Bank. This little beauty goes up Harewood Bank but further down Wharfedale. It's got a longish approach, all uphill, and then two particularly steep sections on the climb proper.

It was well worth while and the steep sections proved no bother at all; in fact I didn't use bottom gear at all. I did realise as I was climbing up that, with panniers and bags on the back, the front end might have a tendency to lift off the ground in low gears. So the next job is to go out with a full load and see how that goes. Somebody has to do it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment