Follow us and how to donate

Saturday 16 June 2012

4 days to go

I cannot believe how poor the weather remains. Yesterday it was wet and cold. Today it is different, now cold and wet. And fairly breezy too. So despite being in need of a short spin, getting the bike out just does not seem sensible.
Radio - make up not needed!
Luckily there is still plenty to do. This morning I had to be up and out to be at Radio Leeds for 9.15 to do a live interview with Jake Yapp. I must admit to really enjoying the few minutes I had in there. Straight after we had arranged a breakfast at the Lord Darcy and Richard came along having recorded the interview on his iphone. The general view appears to be that it went well. I talked with Martin Patterson afterwards and we are going to see if we can get another slot when we come back as Jake mentioned that St Jean Pied de Port is one of his favourite places. It would be good if we could.

All of the bags are packed and ready to go. Travelling clothes are waiting and I can't think of anything left that I can do in physical preparation. The trip has now taken over entirely and my mind will not concentrate on anything other than cycling. Already there is talk of doing a cycling tour of northern Spain next year using Santander as the base.

Brilliant!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment