Follow us and how to donate

Monday 11 June 2012

Flaming June

Hurray! Not raining but very dull and overcast. Pretty cool too. June and I am wearing base layer, short sleeved jersey, long sleeved jersey and light coat with cycling longs on the legs. I almost put full finger gloves on too. June?!

But the fact that it wasn't raining was enough to get me out. I set out with Bolton Abbey, Boroghbridge and York as possible but the bike took the turns towards Tadcaster so York it was. An unremarkable ride save for lots of evidence of flooding with mud on the road and water draining off the fields. The River Ouse was fairly high but a long way from spilling over.

I've cycled 55 miles and did the first 45 virtually non-stop. The stops were for (ahem) examining field gates etc. As I was coming back through Tadcaster I thought I should have something to eat so I bought some sandwiches and I stopped again at Bramham to eat them. The last ten miles I was running on empty as the food had not kicked in and I got very hot on the last few climbs.

Not to worry, it was a good run and out again tomorrow with Ricky and Malcolm.

No comments:

Post a Comment