Follow us and how to donate

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sunshine!!!

I just had to start with sunshine as the headline. It was only for a couple of minutes but it did pop out to see us!

El tres amigos! Malcolm, Ricky & Dave
El tres amigos have been out today on a short run to Newmillerdam. I don't think I have ever been there before and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only a nice place but a nice cafe too, somewhere we could sit down to discuss remaining concerns and the like. I think for all of us we just want to get off now and do it.

The wonders of modern technology too. We were sat in the cafe when my phone rang and it was Martin Patterson from St George's Crypt. He needed me to get in touch with Peter Lazenby from the Yorkshire Evening Post and all done by email and phone calls. We could not have done that 10 years ago. We had more fun then by deciding to take a photo outside the cafe. It took me a while to sort out how the shutter delay worked and then we set about rearranging all the furniture outside the cafe so we had a platform for the camera. One table on top of another eventually did the trick although we then accosted a passer-by to take one, just in case!

From here on in it is winding down. No long runs, no big climbing days, just shorter rides to spin the legs out and maintain the level of fitness. Mind you, if I could lose a couple of stone in the next week that would help!

No comments:

Post a Comment